I am an Indiblogger

Tuesday 13 February 2018

Why So Stubborn

Just after few days of her birth she was subjected to hatred.
No, she was not considered to be the princess rather 
just because of her gender she was parted.
Masculinity never came forward that day 
to rescue her from facing that distress further.

In that chilly winter night, on her way back to home,
some inebriated eyes were trying to hone
their lust, hatred,wrath or "immaturity" on her.
No, there was no one to show their masculinity. 
On that time, it was her feminist self only that helped her rather.

From the very first month of her life
when her mother  was her only support.
She used to play alone on the lap of her six year old sibling.
No, there was no sign masculinity that day to add up some vibe.



The day she found her friends are getting pampered for 
their annual achievements in school.
She enjoyed the glee of good percentile alone 
with her feminist self, there was no presence of masculinity to adore. 

When all the teenager girls of her age, 
frightened to see a hungry wolf out of its cage,
there was no masculinity present that day to boost up her courage.
Hot sweat, faster heartbeat and tensed situation which she handled alone
with her feminist self helped to increase her feminist rage. 

Now-a-days people judge her for having stubborn  behavior.
A pixie haircut lady who knows nothing but to abhor,
those masculine clan and every step a man makes.
But, you people will never understand how much it takes,
when an evil thought takes charge then a tender mind wrecks. 

23 comments:

  1. It's sad to know that there are still countries in this world that put a men and women on different levels. Just because you are born a female doesn't mean that you should have no rights... so sad...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is really very saddening fact to admit that there are still few people left in this beautiful world who are just reluctant to understand the equality.

      Delete
  2. I am good read about the poem. I feel the frustration and love the title of the poem. I hope women get treated well in India!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too hope so and trying to spread the concern through my blog.

      Delete
  3. I love a good poem and this was a good read. I can feel every emotion in this Why So Stubborn poem. Female should have rights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they should have. Thank you so much for reading my poetry. :) Positive views from my readers are the main force that keeps my pen going.. XOXO

      Delete
  4. It's the sad reality that women from different parts of the world have to face each day. We are being look down upon because of gender and we are never celebrated. I love how this poem tries to break the norm and fight back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just tried my best to portray the actual emotional turmoil a girl face while she undergoes through discrimination. I am so happy today to know that my words are making its way into the reader's heart.

      Delete
  5. This poem made me feel quite sad about the world we live in, but also I celebrate strong women who believe we deserve more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to be vocal enough to convey our everyday highs and lows as a girl.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You expressed it so well, I know there are places where there is so much inequality based on gender. Not everyone can understand what the girl in this poem has experienced, you gave her an amazing voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear. :) I am amazed to read such positive views from my readers. :)

      Delete
  8. This is such a poetic and poignant post. May your experience of yesterday to remind and fuel your soul so you always remember who you truly are, and drive you to be the best version of you to come. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear. YOur words inspired me a lot. :)

      Delete
  9. This is quite strong and touches on a serious matter. Women's rights and equality in some countries is still not where it needs to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even in some countries it is worst than it can have been imagined. I feel so disturbed whenever I know about those struggles.

      Delete
  10. Raising a girl makes this poem so real and sad at the same time. Times are tough in that women are still not valued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and this is the actual saddening fact in this twenty first century.

      Delete
  11. This is such a good poem to read. Very well written. It makes me feel so sad because of the world where we live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harsh reality makes our hearts heavy but we have to face every challenges to make our survival easier.

      Delete
  12. Your poems never fail to move me, I mean to make me feel deep feelings, and it is not sadness I feel today reading this. It is anger, and I understand on is not stubborn if one persists in the struggle one is TENACIOUS and PERSISTANT. Stubborn sounds negative, TENACIOUS is not!

    ReplyDelete